The contracting parties decided as of today to establish a non-profit company, whose operations and activities are governed by the following specially defined terms and conditions and by individual agreements, which are considered essential by all the parties involved.
NAME OF THE COMPANY: The name of the company is defined as and consists of, the words ‘SAPPHO WOMEN – Non-profit Company’ and with a distinct title rendered with Latin characters as ‘SAPPHO WOMEN’
LOCATION OF THE COMPANY: The location of the company is defined as the Municipality of Eressos, Lesbos and more precisely Skala Eressos.
AIMS – MAIN PRINCIPLES – METHODS FOR ACCOMPLISHING THEM:
1) The organization, supervision, support, promotion by every means and ways of the International Eressos Women’s Festival which takes place in Skala Eressos on Lesvos Island every second Saturday in September and which from 31 May 2011 onwards will be called "International Eressos Women’s Festival", as well as everything else that is required for its successful operation.
2) The support and promotion of the unity, solidarity, independence and well being of women in general but more specifically of the local women of Lesvos.
3) To promote the material and spiritual empowerment of women and to create funds to invest in local and regional women’s groups and organizations (for example, via the Sappholicious International Eressos Women’s Festival in Skala Eressos).
4) To promote recreational, social and economic activities among women and stimulate activities aimed at the development of skills and talents of local and international women.
5) Co-operation with social groups and women’s groups with similar ideas in Greece and abroad.
6) Raise awareness and promotion of our activities through media such as newspapers, radio, television and internet, on both national and international level, and through the use of a bi-lingual (Greek – English) website.
7) Leverage resources, including sponsorship and advertisement opportunities, which are used for funding and investing in local and regional women’s initiatives.
8) Participation in cultural events by other organizations, like workshops and conferences, exhibitions, festivals, travel, Biennale, etc throughout Greece, as well as internationally.
9) To raise awareness of and providing information on all the above, to the international cultural, artistic and academic community
10) The design and promotion of communication and information campaigns and public relations schemes through printed material or through other electronic means or any other available means, which contribute to the achievement of its aims on local and international levels.
11) The publication of books, magazine and newspapers and, in general, of educational and informative printed material on cultural, social and intellectual interest, on the above subjects.
12) Co-operation of the company with public and private institutions of all educational levels and especially the development of co-operation and common activities with scientific and educational student organizations, with representatives of the productive classes in universities and technical colleges, with representatives of the local government, as well as any public or private body that is directly or indirectly linked with the promotion of matters relevant to the goals of the company.
13) Organising fundraising for important cultural, artistic and publication activities.
14) Participation of the company as a member of companies with similar principles and goals, Greek and internationally.
DURATION: The duration of the company is agreed and defined for an indefinite period of time, which begins from the moment of signing this present private agreement for the formation of the company and exists for as long as it can achieve its goals and has the necessary capital and means for this purpose. The dissolution of the company is decided by the partners by majority vote.
RESOURCES: the participants – partners further agree with the present document that they will contribute, primarily through their own personal work, the promotion and accomplishment of their common, non-profit goals of the company.
Specifically and explicitly it is determined, with the present agreement, that the purpose of the company is clearly non-profit, (and) according to the meaning of the law, and that for this reason, the assets of the company consist of contributions of members, regular or occasional payments and sponsorship by them or by third parties, persons or legal entities and the parties may also among others, in particular, receive on behalf of the company, for the achievement, promotion and accomplishment of its goals, any nature, type and amount of money and other contributions, benefits and support from government and any other types of institutions, organizations, associations, bodies and clubs.
MANAGER: Wendy Jansen, daughter of Willem, is appointed as manager, representative and treasurer of the company, and she renders the company responsible with her signature, which is put under the company name (stamp) in all its relations and transactions of the company with whichever individual person, or legal entity, of public or private law, of the Greek government, the banks, the Loan and Depository Bank, etc.
More particularly and indicatively it is noted that she with only her signature underneath the company name, after having, of course, the agreement of the partners, is entitled on behalf of the company to issue, accept and endorse third order bills of exchange, promissory notes, bank cheques, shipping documents, sign contracts with whichever person or legal entity of public or private law and of the Greek Treasury, the Loan and Depository Bank, the post office, to open accounts in banks, to represent the company before the Greek Courts of every degree and jurisdiction of the High Court and the Supreme Court, to appoint representatives and give power-of-attorney to legal councilors and in general act any performance and action that is intended in achieving the goals of the company.
The manager is relieved of her duties after unanimous decision by all partners and for important reason. Important reason is considered serious misconduct or incapacity for performing regular management duties. This relief from duties cannot be surpassed even in the event of amending the present private agreement. Furthermore, the manager not is entitled to receive a fee for management, since that too falls under the efforts of the contracting parties towards the achievement of the goal of the company, applying in the respect of action and duties the articles 714 up to 723 of the Civil Code (on appointments).
The manager is responsible specifically for the operation of the company’s statutory books and records and is bound to inform the other partners on the conduct of company affairs to achieve the goals of the company. It is explicitly agreed that the possibility exists that the manager, in case of absence or impediment or for facilitating the operation of the company, to issue notarized power-of-attorney to another member of the company, for the conclusion and signature of all or some of the above actions, which will be defined clearly on the notarized power-of-attorney.
NEW MEMBERS: To enter a new member to the company, following agreement of all contracting parties, it is required that the present agreements is amended. A prerequisite for the entry of a new member to the company is that dedication to the company’s goals is proven.
DISSOLVING THE COMPANY: In order to dissolve the company, the partners decide so by majority vote. Also, the company is dissolved in the case that, because of the other members exiting, there is only one partner left. However, the one who is leaving is obligated to let his/her intentions be known in writing by giving notice one (1) month beforehand, otherwise, the person who is leaving without notice is requested to face possible damages that may be incurred from leaving without notice. Also, the company is dissolved and in the case where its goal is rendered unachievable, as well as in all the other cases that the law defines.
LIABILITY OF PARTNERS: For liabilities arising from third parties to manage and represent the company and any other obligations or debts of the company, the liability of members is limited to the amount of capital in the company only and its members bear this equally.
AMENDMENTS: This statute is amended only when the partners decide so. Every amendment will be in writing and will be duly publicized.
After the above is agreed and accepted by the contracting parties, the present agreement is produced in four (4) identical copies, which consist of eleven (11) articles and after having been read, considered and approved by signatories, was signed by them as follows, for verification and confirmation and each has received one identical copy. One will be submitted to the respective Tax Office and one to the First Degree Court of Mytilini.
CONTRACTING PARTIES - PARTNERS
Ioanna Savva & Wendy Jansen
The foundation of the company was approved under Greek Law on the 15th of June 2010 and amended with the new name "SAPPHO WOMEN" in May 2011.